For one reason or another, you now need to hire an employee for your business. This process is complex and confusing. There are eight steps that you must complete to hire your first employee. The first step is to acquire an Employer Identification Number. This number is used for reporting taxes and can be obtained from the IRS. The second step is to create records for tax withholding purposes. You need to keep your business’ taxes for at least four years. The third step is Continue Reading »
As a business owner, you know the importance of effective management for every aspect of your daily operations. When it comes to producing quality goods and services, you also know that you must be able to depend upon your employees to be at work every day on time. Unfortunately, employee tardiness is a common problem for many business owners. While your employee may not realize it, their tardiness can jeopardize the entire company by putting additional strain Continue Reading »
A money market account can be a wise investment for a business. This type of account can help any business maintain cash on hand or to invest any surplus. If you do want to open an account, here are four tip to help you out.
Learn About the Pros and Cons
There are a variety of pros and cons with money market accounts. Every business will have to consider these before they decide on the right type of account for them. Because each business has different needs, you will want to think in Continue Reading »
You might have noticed companies recently making the move to social media. Toyota has started their own Facebook page, television networks have their own Twitter pages and recording artists and actors even have their own MySpace pages. It makes logical sense when you think about – what do most people spend most of their time doing online? They visit their various forms of social media. That’s where the people are and that’s where the money is, which is why, if you want your business to thrive and succeed too you need to make the jump from conventional advertising to social media.
For example, let’s say you needed to find a way to market for t1internet.net or the like, it doesn’t really matter – this is hypothetical. You might try starting up a Facebook page to target all the people who aren’t satisfied with their current internet service or you could start a Twitter page that documents and headlines key events and developments in your company. By doing this, you would be reaching out to millions of potential customers and it might not even cost you a penny in the long run, which is a far cry from what any major advertising firm would charge.
The more you know about printing costs the less you’ll have to rely on the print shop sales rep to tell you what you should be buying. Here are a few tips to help you save:
-One thing you can do is shop around when considering your print shop. They vary in prices and depending on how much you print and how many colors you actually need, you may have been buying unnecessary items.
-Another tip Continue Reading »
1. Do it yourself. This works if your business is relatively small, you are not intimidated by numbers, and you are thorough in recording every financial transaction.
2. Get bookkeeping software, whether for yourself or for a paid bookkeeper. It reduces time, and therefore money, spent on this function. Free low-end programs are available if your transactions are not too complicated, and ones with more features are reasonably priced. Look into online software if more than one person Continue Reading »
Accountant costs can be expensive but there are ways to save money on them.
1. Make sure that all data entry/bookkeeping is NOT performed by an Accountant. Data entry and bookkeeping take time and there aren’t many ways around it. Would you rather pay an Accountant 30 an hour or a bookkeeper 12-15/hr?
2. Shop around for an Accountant. Compare and contrast various Accountants to find the best value.
3. Ask for referrals from other business owners.
4. Hire an Accountant based on the function you want them to perform. A CPA Continue Reading »
“Business has only two functions – marketing and innovation.’
If you want to expand your vision and business to reach higher levels in growth and prosperity, you have to concentrate on marketing and promotional tasks instead of just sales alone. Why? Whereas sales is a very important element for the producing of monetary growth for your business, it is the marketing and the promoting that will garner increasing interest in your business, further drawing customers and clients to not only utilize your services, but for those same customers and clients to help promote your Continue Reading »