“Business has only two functions – marketing and innovation.’
If you want to expand your vision and business to reach higher levels in growth and prosperity, you have to concentrate on marketing and promotional tasks instead of just sales alone. Why? Whereas sales is a very important element for the producing of monetary growth for your business, it is the marketing and the promoting that will garner increasing interest in your business, further drawing customers and clients to not only utilize your services, but for those same customers and clients to help promote your business through referrals. Here are eight ways to promote and market your business at a low cost.
1. Back a charity or cause. Not only will this endear you to the local business community because of your generous heart, but charities and causes will gratefully display your business to everyone, marketing you as the one to choose because of your kindness. This is especially beneficial when supporting a fund raising event; take this opportunity to logo yourself allover the event on place cards, posters, gift bags, etc.
2. Create a business blog and/or newsletter. Not only is this a great marketing idea to market yourself as an expert on all things concerning your business, services or products, it’s practically free. All that is needed is a computer for your blog, or a computer and some paper for your newsletter.
3. Put out press releases. If you are going to be participating in a business expo, a seminar, or a fund raiser, especially as a presenter or a speaker, send out press releases and invite a journalist or two to show up.
4. Place an advertising sign on the side of your vehicle. Get family and friends involved by offering monetary or free gifts incentives for those who bring in the most business.
5. Get on the news. Call your local news station and ask how to become a story feature on the morning broadcast.
6. Proclaim and publish yourself. Create fliers, business cards and calendars and pass them out, especially at business expos. Write a book. If you happen to have expertise in your particular industry, consider writing a book about what you know. Remember, this takes time. While you are doing these other things, gather your information and write, write, write.
7. Throw a raffle and drawing. Have one of your products or a service be the prize for the blessed winner.
8. Sponsor an organization or a cause. Sponsor a cheer leading squad, a basketball team, an event, or the clean up of a place. Make sure that your logo is allover the place, and put yourself out there as a speaker for hire. People will be ready to consider you for events, which will lead to more queries about who you are and what you do.