Accountant costs can be expensive but there are ways to save money on them.
1. Make sure that all data entry/bookkeeping is NOT performed by an Accountant. Data entry and bookkeeping take time and there aren’t many ways around it. Would you rather pay an Accountant 30 an hour or a bookkeeper 12-15/hr?
2. Shop around for an Accountant. Compare and contrast various Accountants to find the best value.
3. Ask for referrals from other business owners.
4. Hire an Accountant based on the function you want them to perform. A CPA might have knowledge in tax savings but they are not necessarily experts in it.
5. Interview potential Accountants just like you would interview a potential employee. You need to know what value they bring to the table.
6. Look for an Accountant that include various services in their fixed costs. Accountants might only offer to file your taxes based on information you give them and they may not tell you whether or not something looks incorrect in your accounting system.
7. Make a budget and stick to it. You know what you can afford.
8. Always ask questions. Make sure you know what you will be getting for your money.